Starting every day with a good night’s sleepTM is important year round. Here’s a national “stress and sleep” to find out what keeps Americans up at night. This year’s findings revealed a range of insights on Americans’ stress and sleep cycles. Here are some of the results:
HOW STRESSED ARE WE?
– 65% of Americans are losing sleep due to stress
– 32% of Americans are losing sleep at least one night per week
– 16% of Americans experience stress-induced insomnia
Who is More Stressed?
– 26% of women report trouble sleeping at least once a week compared to only 16% of men
– 19% of individuals ages 45-64 admit to losing sleep due to stress a few nights per week
WHAT IS KEEPING US AWAKE?
– 2% claim to worry about current events
– 16% claim personal finances
– 23% claim famiiy issues
The survey also focused on women’s wellness and the results show an interesting paradigm in how women approach their own health.
– 27% of women say sleep is the most important component to their overall well-being
– 16% of women would try getting a good night’s sleep to improve their overall wellness
– 31% of suburban moms are likely to make sleep a priority
– 50% of women with children agree that sleep is the best way to recharge, nine points higher than women without children
– 45% of women agree they feel most refreshed after a good night’s sleep
– 26% of women are likely to invest in a mattress as an in-home wellness item