We had a great response to our coloring contest. Our customers are bringing up a creative bunch of future CozyPure shoppers! Thank you to everyone that participated. The entire CozyPure crew voted for their favorite entry and there was a tie!
Both girls have won a $100 CozyPure gift certificate that they can use however they’d like! I hear they both like LaNoodle pillows! Avery also wrote us a letter letting us know how much her parents love their CozyPure mattress. We are pleased that both winners turned out to be the children of CozyPure customers although that was not required nor a deciding a factor. Thanks again to all the participants and may you have the coziest of holidays from CozyPure!
Original Contest Post:
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR COZY CAT WINNER, TITAN!
Last week, in recognition of National Cat Day, we posted a contest in which one lucky cat could win a CozyPure pet bed. We asked that the cat’s owner tell us why their cat needed a CozyPure bed of their own and Clare Abad did an excellent job convincing us that Titan should win:
I am an owner of a CozyPure bed and I know how safe, soft and comfortable to sleep on. I have a hairless cat named Titan. He is 3 years old. I always find him sleeping soundly in my CozyPure bed because it is so soft, comfy and warm. Since Titan is a hairless cat, he is more sensitive to chemicals than furry cats and we always have to keep him warm and cozy, especially during the cold weather. He is such a lovely and adorable little cat and I want to keep him happy, healthy, and super comfy so he will keep me company for a long long time! Your beds are very soft , therapeutic, and most importantly, there are no harmful chemicals that are emitted and they are made of eco-smart materials which make your beds healthy for Titan and healthy for the planet. These are the reasons why Titan needs a CozyPure bed to sleep on day & night.
Thank you for making safe and healthier beds!
We also stated that extra consideration would be given to contestants in their Halloween costume and Titan was a cute little devil!
Thanks to all the participants and watch for future CozyPure contests. Our coloring contest is still open!
Original Post – 10/26/16:
National Cat Day is October 29!
FLASH SALE – FOR ONE DAY, COZYPURE’S SMALL PET BED WILL BE 30% OFF!
ABOUT OUR PET BED: Furballs love our Orthopedic Pet Bed which we seam-tuft for that extra element of designer elegance which also creates super soft pockets of comfort. Inside is filled with 100% resilient latex foam noodles (no polyester to compress or break-down). Filling our pet beds with 100% latex offers superior support while also delivering cushioned softness for ideal comfort. For the outside fabric we use an upholstery-grade 100% organic cotton canvas fabric for long term durability. Available in two sizes: Small/Med – 25″ x 20″ and Large – 45″ x 30″ (the contest is for the small bed). Vacuum and spot clean any stains. Do not machine wash. Never place the pet bed in a dryer. We highly recommend ordering the removable zipper cover made from organic cotton twill, which is easy care machine wash and dry to help protect the pet bed from dirt, tears, etc. Available in five color choices! For more information or to order, click HERE.
Made in the CozyPure® organic bedding factory in Norfolk, VA, USA.
WIN A FREE SMALL BED
SEND US A PICTURE OF YOUR FAVORITE CAT(S) AND TELL US WHY HE/SHE NEEDS A COZYPURE BED! Extra points will be given to cats that are wearing their Halloween costume!
Email entries to email@example.com. Entries must be received by 11:59 PM on October 30 and a winner will be chosen on October 31.
We thought it would be pretty cool if our customers’ children had the opportunity to win some Cozy Cash to do some holiday shopping of their own! The contest is open to all children 2-12 and the winner will receive $100 Cozy Cash that can be used on our website or in our showroom. So be sure to show your little one your favorite pillow or blanket and encourage them to do their best coloring ever!
We can’t wait to display all the creative and festive entries in our showroom!
Be sure to share this contest on social media – it is open to EVERY boy and girl! Who knows – if we get a lot of entries we may have a hard time choosing just one winner!
HOW TO ENTER:
EMAIL YOUR ENTRY TO: COZYPURE757@GMAIL.COM
MAIL TO: COZYPURE, 2308 GRANBY STREET, NORFOLK, VA, 23517
ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY DECEMBER 1, 2016
GOOD LUCK AND THANKS FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION!
National Good Neighbor Day was September 28th and to commemorate it CozyPure held a contest (details below in the original post).
Renee Redmond’s enthusiastic and heartfelt entry won a blanket for both her and her neighbor, Angela Fernandez! Here’s what Renee had to say:
“I would like to nominate my next door neighbor of six years, Angela Fernandez, for your Best Neighbor Contest. Her and I are in the enclosed picture (she is on the right), and it was taken at one of my husband’s and mine holiday parties.
Angela helps me out with just about everything. We watch each other’s kids, problem solve together, brave the gym, I’ll kill her spider, she’ll stir my gravy, I made her wedding cake, she drove me to newborn appointments. She was by my side during infertility troubles and I was by hers after her head injury. She is like a sister to me without all the drama, so this would be the perfect honor to bestow upon her before she moves (they need a larger house).
If we are chosen to win the contest, I would like her to receive the DeVINE blanket because the vines would symbolize the growth and strength of our friendship and would also remind her of my grapevine-covered porch and all the good times we have had there.
Thank you so much for hosting such a contest. Cozy Pure is one of my favorite brands and Angela is one of my favorite people, so I was very excited to take a minute and reflect on how wonderful the past six years have been (or I called them from the very start: Operation Super Neighbor).”
Congratulations to our winners and thank you to all of the participants! Be sure to watch for upcoming contests from CozyPure!
Original Post (September 12, 2016) –
September 28 is National Good Neighbor Day. This day was created to acknowledge and celebrate the importance of a good neighbor. It is a blessing to have a good neighbor but it is even a greater thing to BE a good neighbor.
Good neighbors often become friends, they watch out for each other, lend a helping hand and are there for advice when asked. Neighbors are there when we need to borrow something, to get our mail for us when we are on vacation, to watch our homes and sometimes to watch our children and our pets as well as the many other things we do with our neighbors.National Good Neighbor Day was created in the early 1970s by Becky Mattson of Lakeside, Montana. In 1978 United States President Jimmy Carter issued Proclamation 4601:
“As our Nation struggles to build friendship among the peoples of this world, we are mindful that the noblest human concern is concern for others. Understanding, love and respect build cohesive families and communities. The same bonds cement our Nation and the nations of the world. For most of us, this sense of community is nurtured and expressed in our neighborhoods where we give each other an opportunity to share and feel part of a larger family…I call upon the people of the United States and interested groups and organizations to observe such day with appropriate ceremonies and activities.” (Source: National Day Calendar)
To celebrate National Good Neighbor Day:
- Do something nice for your neighbor today.
- Use #GoodNeighborDay to post on social media.
- AND enter your neighbor in CozyPure’s Good Neighbor Contest!
How to Enter Your Neighbor in the CozyPure Good Neighbor Contest:
- Tell us in 50-100 words why your neighbor is the best!
- If chosen to win, you and your neighbor both receive a CozyPure travel blanket. Browse our blankets here and tell us which one you think your neighbor would like best and why!
- Bonus points will be given for entries that include a picture of you and your neighbor attached to the email!
- Submit your entry via email to:
Labor Day is not just for sales (although we like them too). It is a day to honor the American Labor Movement and the contributions that workers have made to the strength, prosperity and well being of our great country. In addition, Labor Day marks the unofficial end of summer.
CozyPure is not your typical retail establishment! We will commemorate the Labor Day holiday with a sale that will run September 2-6 but our physical store will be closed Monday so that our employees can relax! Hopefully you’ll be off work too and can shop our sale online from the comfort of your own home or on the road during that last summer vacation! While shopping this Labor Day at CozyPure.com remember that you are also supporting American workers by purchasing items that are handcrafted right here in the USA!
Labor Day Fun Facts
1. The first celebrated US Labor Day was on Tuesday, September 5, 1882 in New York City, planned by the Central Labor Union.
2. 10,000 workers marched from City Hall all the way to 42nd Street and then met with their families in Wendel’s Elm Park for a picnic, concert, and speeches.
3. Canada is said to have originated the idea of hosting a day honoring the labor movement. In 1872, they held a “Nine-Hour Movement” to show support for striking workers.
4. There is disagreement about who actually proposed Labor Day as a holiday. Some say it was Peter J. McGuire, who was the cofounder of the American Federation of Labor. Others believe that it was Matthew Maguire, a machinist.
5. Oregon was the first state to celebrate Labor Day as a legal holiday in 1887.
6. The decision to make Labor Day the first Monday of September was approved on June 28, 1894.
7. Labor Day started as a part of the labor union movement, to recognize the contributions of men and women in the US workforce, but modernly is seen as a chance to celebrate the last weekend of summer.
8. Americans worked 12-hour days seven days a week during the 19th century!
9. The Adamson Act was passed on September 3, 1916 to establish an eight-hour work day.
10. Historians say the expression “no white after Labor Day” comes from when the upper class would return from their summer vacations and stow away their lightweight, white summer clothes as they returned back to school and work.
11. There is still a Labor Day parade in New York City, which takes place throughout the 20 blocks north of the 1882 labor march.
Source: DoSomething.org (link https://www.dosomething.org/facts/11-facts-about-labor-day)
Labor Day “Trivia”
Our Labor Day Trivia Contest is easy!
Every CozyPure pillow is a LABOR of love
and handcrafted by American Workers
in our Norfolk Virginia workshop.
So here’s your question:
Which CozyPure pillow do you like the most and why?
You can browse our pillows by clicking here.
Submit your answer on our Contact Us page located here.
One lucky winner will be randomly chosen
at the conclusion of the Labor Day Sale and
receive a $50 Cozy Cash Gift certificate!
Good luck and have a relaxing and safe holiday!
Sometimes we get a call that makes us put on our thinking caps! The Dorias had a “comfort problem” and consider CozyPure to be an authority on the subject. Their two year old son had broken his femur and was finding comfort on mom and dad’s king size LaNoodle pillow but needed something better suited for him. They were initially thinking that a bean bag chair full of LaNoodles may be the answer. However, we had tried this out before and it just would take WAY too many LaNoodles to have it stand up correctly. Cheryl Hahn, owner of CozyPure, quickly suggested the large Orthopedic Latex Pet Bed as an alternative. Inside is filled with 100% resilient latex foam noodles (no polyester), for superior support while also delivering cushioned softness for ideal comfort. Covered in organic cotton twill (various colors available), it is safe and all-natural and just the right size for a little guy. Mrs. Doria welcomed our suggestion wanting Hunter to be as comfortable as possible while wearing a cast. We shipped it out right away and it was a hit!
I thought having a running around toddler was a hand full but wouldn’t you know a stationary one was two hand fulls
. -Mrs. Doria
Mrs. Doria emailed us a report after Hunter’s cast was removed, “My husband likes using the pillow at night to lay on the floor and read. Thank you for the suggestion and this “dog bed” is now a pillow for hanging out spot, yoga spot, reading and a cozy spot. Actually we call it “the spot”. It fits under our couch so I can put it away. Thanks again love you guys! -The Dorias”
We would like to thank the Dorias for trusting CozyPure to provide comfort for their child and for sharing their story! Do you have a CozyPure success story that you would like to share? Share it HERE!
In observance of the holiday, CozyPure kicked off our annual Made in the USA sale during the 4th of July weekend. For the last couple of weeks we’ve had orders pouring in for natural latex mattresses, Made in America linens and handcrafted pillows and blankets. Customers love this sale because they can save money on their favorite CozyPure products, we love this sale because it is the perfect time for us to remind consumers that their order is made fresh daily in our Norfolk, VA workshop. We’ve always been committed to using sustainable and organic materials, but we’re also dedicated to USA manufacturing. In fact, the entire CozyPure® brand of products proudly carries the Made in the USA label.
“When you seek out American-made goods, you foster American independence.” – Top Ten Reasons to Buy American, www.madeinusaforever.com
CozyPure® is one of the American manufacturing companies featured on the ABC World News Tonight “Made in America” list.
When writing reviews for CozyPure on Shopper Approved our customers often mention the fact that our products are Made in America. It is important to them and important to us. Here’s a few examples:
- “I’m a repeat customer to Cozypure. Haven’t had the opportunity to experience their mattresses just yet, but am completely in love with the Lanoodle pillows! I’m placing a third order to give to some family members. I also love that all products are made in the USA.” -Eileen
- “I am so glad I found this company. I love to find organic products made in the USA. we are saving up to buy a king size mattress now!” -Valerie
- “Very easy to navigate through your site and I’m glad to know that your products are made here in the US!” -Moises
CozyPure’s Sales & Service Manager, Susan Brown, knows her customers love a good sale but that’s not the reason they shop at CozyPure. “Today’s consumer is more savvy than ever. They want to know the source of the products that they are bringing into their homes and exposing their families to. They want sustainable, healthy and chemical free materials next to their children. At CozyPure, we deliver that. The fact that our products are made right here in the USA is the cherry on top. Finding American made products has become a most arduous task. We at least have them covered in the bedroom, which is, essentially the most important space in the home since we spend 1/3 of our lives there.”
CozyPure’s Made in the USA sale is continuing through the end of July. Shop online at www.CozyPure.com, via phone at 1-800-229-7571 or in our Norfolk, VA showroom.
Now that we’ve established that CozyPure’s latex mattresses and organic bedding is all made right here in the good ol’ U. S. of A., our next article will delve deeper in to the “making” of latex mattresses. You deserve to know what’s inside and we’ve never been afraid to tell you!
Norfolk, VA – CozyPure, makers of organic mattresses and bedding, applauds President Obama for signing the Frank R. Lautenberg Chemical Safety for the 21st Century Act into law earlier this week. The law, which updates the Toxic Substances Control Act of 1976, will do a better job of reviewing chemicals currently in the products Americans buy for their homes as well as regulating new chemicals before they are introduced to consumers.
CozyPure is pleased to announce that this new law will not affect their operations. “We’ve been making mattresses without the use of any harmful or proprietary chemicals for the past 25 years,” says CozyPure’s owner, Cheryl Hahn, “the passing of this act is a great achievement, people deserve to know what chemicals are hiding in their household.”
When the original law was passed there were already 62,000 chemicals on the market but the restraints placed on the EPA made it nearly impossible to ban them. In fact, due to proprietary trade secrets only five of the 62,000 chemicals have been banned in the 40 years since the law’s initiation.
“Folks should have the confidence to know the laundry detergent we buy isn’t going to make us sick, the mattress our babies sleep on isn’t going to harm them,” Obama said. “For the first time in our history, we’ll actually be able to regulate chemicals effectively. And we’re doing it in the same, overwhelmingly bipartisan fashion,” the president said.
The new bill emulates the stance that CozyPure has always taken on the products they manufacture and sell to consumers made only from natural ingredients such as rubbermilk, wool and organic cotton versus similar mainstream products made from plasticized polyurethane foams and undisclosed, potentially toxic chemicals often coated in flame retardants.
In 2007 a huge milestone was reached when PBDEs, a widely used set of toxic flame retardants, were finally phased out. According to an EPA report in August 2015, the new substitute chemicals are now also cause for concern. This new legislation should hopefully eliminate the instances where one harmful chemical is replaced with another.
Consumers aware of the potential dangers lurking in mattresses have sought-out organic alternatives. Norfolk resident Michelle Germano, a victim of the devastating toxic chemicals found in Chinese drywall, had to replace everything in her home and contacted CozyPure for her entire sleep system. “I’ve been a customer since 2009 and recommend CozyPure to all my friends. I’m thrilled we have a local company that makes products without depending on harmful ingredients.”
Following up with our previous blog post about sleeping with cell phones and why it isn’t a good idea, we
decided to poll the sleep snobs at CozyPure and see what their nightly routine is when it comes to “putting
their phone to bed.”
Here are the individual responses, to the question, “Where do you put your cell phone when going to bed?”
- Cheryl – “I place mine on the bottom of the nightstand with a shirt over it so that the light will not distract me. I also have notifications turned off – the only sound that is on is the actual ringer. I started sleeping with it in the bedroom when my daughter left for college in case she needed to call. Before that I didn’t even bring it in to the bedroom at night. Sometimes I will listen to sleep/meditation music on youtube but I still keep it covered.”
- Troy – “Wherever it ends up. I don’t really pay much attention to where it is when I go to bed. It just stays wherever I last used it.”
- Susan – “I plug it in to charge in the bathroom in my bedroom. This way the light does not disturb my sleep but I can hear it if I get a call.”
- Diane – “I plug it in on the nightstand.” We are going to have to make her read the last blog post!
- Debbie – “Just wherever.” Debbie is our newest team member, she’ll learn to talk more to survive!
- Sherry – “On the nightstand, on silent.” That’s a no-no, Sherry.
- Cris – “In my purse on the floor because it is not good to have it on the nightstand.” Cris is a seasoned sleep snob.
- Angela – “It is always on silent and usually on the floor beside the bed, although I’m guilty of falling asleep while scrolling through Facebook. How else will I know who to vote for?”
- Hans – “In the other room, on the charger.” Perfect!
- Rudy – “I just plug it in to charge on my nightstand. If it rings, sometimes I answer it and sometimes I ignore it.”
- TJ – “On the nightstand charging with the volume sky high. I want to make sure I don’t miss anything.” TJ is a popular guy!
Although research shows that a high percentage of people go to bed with their phones, we are not the norm (but we already knew that). Maybe it is because we all have such a love affair with our CozyPure mattress that we embrace sleep or maybe it is just because we are educated on all matters sleep related. Whatever the reason, I am glad to report that no one at CozyPure sleeps with their phone.
Coming soon: It claims to be organic. What does that really mean?